Yesterday, Emmitt's new
table and chair came! We opted to order a child-size table and chair (wooden and handmade) rather than buying Emmitt a high-chair. This came as a recommendation from a book I recently read called
Montessori from the Start: The Child at Home, from Birth to Age Three. I won't go into detail, but basically the idea is to teach your child independence and how to feel confident and capable in their abilities and by giving them things that are their size, it not only helps them in that process but also aids in teaching fine motor skills, etc. Emmitt
loves his table and chair. Already he enjoys standing at his table and today, after he ate his breakfast, he explored his chair as well.
Here he is sitting at them shortly after we unpacked them from the box yesterday afternoon:

Today was another first: peaches! Last week I gave our awesome
Beaba Babycook (thanks Anita!) a spin and made pear compote. Emmitt wasn't too thrilled with the pear so we're giving it a rest for a couple weeks before we try it again. Last night I baked some peaches in the oven, peeled off their skin and stuck 'em in the fridge. This morning, I popped them into the Beaba and pureed and viola! peach compote. Emmitt ate
all of it. Peaches get a big thumbs up from Mr. Cutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment