Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Moms!

Happy Mother's Day all of you Mom's out there! It's so hard to believe that Emmitt was a bun in the oven this time last year. How far we've come and how grateful we are!

This past week and a half has been full of excitement. On Wednesday, Kerry and I signed and ratified a contract for a new home in a north-side neighborhood here in Richmond. If all goes as planned, we will be moving mid-July and are thrilled with the idea of having a yard for Emmitt to play in and a nice neighborhood to stroll in!

On Thursday, we left for Blacksburg to celebrate Mother's Day in one of my favorite towns and most importantly, introduce Emmitt to the VT campus. We stayed at a nice little B&B called the Clay Corner Inn (in the Hokie room!). You may wonder what we had to do in a college town on a non-game weekend but Kerry and I like a lot of restaurants in BBurg so we pretty much ate and took walks in between Emmitt's naps. We also visited my favorite college professor and walked over to the Blacksburg VOF office to see some of Kerry's coworkers.

On Saturday we bought Emmitt a VT hat to sport from the Campus Emporium and the nice guy that rang us up gave Emmitt a Hokie Bird! And he loves it!

Today, on the real Mother's Day, we took it easy at home and Kerry wined and dined me with breakfast and dinner in between taking care of Mr. Cutes. Needless to say, it's been a great week :)

Happy Mother's Day to my mom - I never knew what I joy I was to you until I had one of my own :) hehehehe










No comments: