Monday, June 14, 2010

This past weekend...

Last Thursday we went on our nightly walk and, on a whim, decided to try the swings out in one of our local parks. Emmitt really enjoyed himself so the next night, Friday, we went again and I was sure to catch it (I almost said "on film"...what do you say now?)




This is a standard funny Emmitt face that I was thrilled to actually catch



On Saturday, Emmitt visited with his girlfriend, Miss Claire. It was adorable to see them together after so long. They're doing and saying a lot of the same things (Claire is 4 days Emmitt's senior).

Finally, this was my attempt to catch all of Emmitt's teeth. He's got, we think, 6 coming in up top! He has just started this new laugh where he scrunches up his face and breathes really quickly out of his nose (and shows his teeth, as you can see).

Emmitt is very close to crawling. So close, in fact, that I would even say he is crawling but that he just doesn't realize it yet. He does all of the right moves but it just hasn't registered with him yet that he can really get places this way. I bet he'll figure it out sometime this week...

Help!!! :)

2 comments:

Michael and Lauren said...

That last picture of Emmitt looks like he's posing on school picture day! Do you remember those photo frames that have all 12 years of school photos? You should start with that picture and take one every year from now, until he goes off to school -- then you'll really have a collection!

Casey said...

You're right! That picture does look like a school picture. And we definitely should start our collection now.