Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First "solid"...rice cereal

We gave rice cereal a shot a couple of weeks ago but more of it squirted right back out than went down the hatch because Emmitt hadn't quite mastered the art of moving it to the back of his tongue. We waited about a week and gave it another try which was much more successful (yes, a lot still squirts out, as you will see, but it all goes down eventually!) Part of the reason for the "squirting" and the reason I called it a "solid" with quotation marks around it in the title is that the box instructs you to start out with more liquid than cereal so it was extremely liquidy the first few times. Since this video was shot, we've been able to put more cereal in the mix and it looks a lot more like porridge.


1 comment:

Michael and Lauren said...

My oh my, he'll grow by leaps and bounds now! Since living in Ukraine, I have become obsessed with buckwheat and I came across this article about babies and buckwheat: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/buckwheatbabyfood.htm. I don't remember ever seeing kasha in the States but Ukrainians of all ages eat it here and it's so good for you -- and delicious too! I guess Emmitt is a bit too young for it now but maybe this summer...