Monday, September 14, 2009

Cloth diapers have come a long way!

We're not even parents yet but we already know one thing about the type of parents we're going to be (this information you could probably already gather from the fact that we're planning on having a home birth) - that is, we're going to be very "granola." Granola has I guess become a term that makes some people cringe but in this day and age, Kerry and I are proud to be considered granola (meaning: hippy, 'green,' and maybe even nontraditional although it's becoming more and more so.) One thing we're trying out - and it better work out because they're not cheap! - is cloth diapers. Cloth diapers have come a loooong way. This is probably what many people associate with cloth diapers:




However, since being 'green' is so 'in,' there have been many recent diaper advances. For instance, the diapers that we're stocking up on are by a company called "bum genius. " They're organic, they grow with the baby, they are all-in-one (don't involve a plastic outer layer), etc. I could go on but I'll just include a picture here:




They're around $24 or so a pop and we're going to start off with 20 diapers so yeah, it's pricey but in the long run, it'll definitely pay off! Diapers are expensive anyway so we like to think we're doing ourselves and the earth a favor by going this route. We'll let you know how it all works out :)


P.S. only 34 more days to go!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done! I like your usage of demonstrative evidence. :)