I'm starting to get the nesting itch. I guess I've had it for a little while but now it's definitely starting to kick in. Funny thing is, watching Oprah yesterday is what really did it; a re-run on de-cluttering. I can't stand clutter and yet, I'm surrounded by it. I've decided to get all clutter out of here before BH arrives...which might take all of the next 16 weeks (I know...yowza).
BH's room still looks more like an office than a place for a baby to sleep but we're working on it. First, I want to get the wall paint squared away and I'm pretty sure I want it to be green but I'm having a bit of difficulty finding the right shade. Daddy Hutch doesn't really care (this is a guy that asked why leaving our filing cabinets in the room would be a problem since "the baby won't care") but has been a trooper for putting up with me buying samples and asking him to paint it onto the wall while I watch from afar.
BH is still very active and has kept me up on more than one occasion by doing what Kerry and I decided last night, must be the Hokie Pokie. And by all means, if I'm not going to get any sleep, at least be practicing your Hokie Pokie! Also, I believe that yesterday was the first time that I felt the hiccups (the baby - not me). There were only about 5 or so but it seemed rhythmic enough to be the hiccups. With all of the movement down there, it's hard to say, really.
I've noticed that the poll on the sex of BH is pretty heavy on the girl side. I don't know if I messed it all up by saying that I thought it was a girl early on and you were all just trusting my motherly instincts but for the past couple of weeks or so, I've been feeling like it's a boy. So much for those motherly instincts - I clearly have no clue :)
No comments:
Post a Comment