Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What's that I feel?

In Kerry's last post he mentioned that I was having a hard time determining what was indigestion versus what was Baby Hutch. That sounds really silly but let me explain: I was told by many that I would know when I felt the baby because it would feel like "fluttering" or "little bubbles." If that was ever the case, I was completely oblivious to it. I kept waiting to feel flutters and in the meantime, I was feeling what felt like pushing or kicking. I was also told that I wouldn't be able to feel anything on the outside - only on the inside. That wasn't the case either! I could put my hand on my belly and feel the same push/kick I was feeling on the inside.

The last trip to our midwife confirmed that sure enough, what I was feeling was indeed Baby Hutch. For a long time I thought Baby Hutch just liked to sleep a lot but now, whenever I'm sitting real still or laying down, I can feel B.H. moving around in there. Kerry has even been able to feel him/her and likes to imagine B.H. floating along pushing off of the "walls" to swim over to the other side. You have to admit, it's a pretty funny image.

Not too long ago we were looking at the baby books from both Kerry and B.H's Aunt Krista and if I recall correctly, Kerry's dad wrote that Kerry was "all-go." So, I am preparing myself for an all-go little one who likes to be awake, eat (and swim?!) when I'm trying to sleep! I can't wait :)

No comments: